Saturday, May 07, 2005

week wrap-up (double feature!)

Here’s a bunch of random updates while we all wait patiently for another Insecta episode…

Victor vs. Exercise
Unfortunately Victor won the battle between me and exercise this week… I was able to take out the trampoline I bought to upset my downstairs neighbors at my old place (because my upstairs neighbor was nicknamed “princess thunderfoot” so I thought it was only fair that the people below us get equal treatment)… but hopefully this week, I’ll actually use it, or the fitness center, or go out and take a walk.. or breathe in and out…


In the style of NASCAR..
I get a lot of flack from new roomie… but perhaps the biggest issue he has is with the fact that I both bet on and have been to NASCAR races… yes, I can see this could be considered typically out of character for me, but then again, I do a lot of things that I consider out of character… the bottom line is that I love betting and I get super excited about whatever I have money on… and since currently I’m number one in my yearly NASCAR pool, I do keep checking on my bet because I want the little trophy and the cash…

Ok, now, I know there are a few of you that just read that and said, “whatever, we know the truth”. Fine, there is a smaller part of the story that I omitted and that’s the fact that I also suffer quite seriously from sports terrets. That’s right when placed in front of live or televised sports, I start screaming at the top of my lungs regardless of whether or not I know anything about the sport I’m watching. I personally think my disorder grew while living with schmeffy (he’s a closet sports terreter). I guess I finally realized I was a sufferer when I went to my first Dover race and was louder than the cars going by. Having this condition also led to my dislike of live tennis because schmeffy took me to the US Open where I was told I had to be quiet the entire time or we would be kicked out... I was pretty sure that he either packed duct tape or wouldn't hesitate to say he didn't know me and leave me in the middle of Forest Hills Queens, so I obliged but did give him dirty looks the entire time because there was this group of VERY loud Venus Williams lovers screaming at the top of their lungs.

But I digress, now anything in b's mind that has a folk-like feel immediately becomes “so nascar”… tonight he described BNL’s “if I had a million dollars” and Stevie Ray Vaughn as in the tune of nascar….

So to prove that he also has slight quirks in his character, I’ve attached the following conversation between Melissa and myself…

Me: crikey, b is hanging art
Melissa: ahh
Me: determined to fix a frame of mine, he has some kind of tube of glue and is using a qtip to do something with it
Melissa: ahhhh
Me: he hasn't stuck himself to himself yet, so i think we're ok
Melissa: lol
Melissa: good thing
Me: he's moved on.. this is the point in the evening where he starts a million projects and then leaves them
Melissa: hearing that makes me think that it would be a bad idea to start painting the pantry right now
Me: hee hee, he also rearranges all the furniture and the closets
Melissa: send him here!
Melissa: we need arranging
Me: i yelled at him the other day for arranging all the stuff at his height level…i feel like i'm living in a giant's world…i can't even reach the showerhead
Melissa: tall people!
Me: you should see me try to get dishes
Me: i have to do a little jump
Melissa: lol
Me: followed by a lil whine when i can't reach so he'll come in and get them
Melissa: nice

i hope you all enjoyed this weekend's double feature... if i'm not censored by new roomie, i'll be back with more adventures.

smooch,
G

No comments: