So, recently I posted about some really bad dates. This lead me to a great book idea (anyone with connections listing?) to write a book entitled 50 Worst Dates where I collect true stories of dating nightmares to make single gals like me feel better about themselves. I intend to follow this with the sequel 50 Worst Break-up/Love notes to which I also have a plethora of stories for my favorite readers.
What I never considered was that boys can have bad dates too. Mr. Ray contributed this lovely tidbit about his dating nightmares and I think its blogworthy and (hopefully) book worthy.
Thanks so much for letting me share this Mr. Ray:
I had just moved back from Iowa. I met a nice Korean girl from Minnesota, and we met up in Adams-Morgan. She really didn't know the city too well, and I needed to knock some of the rust off my DCKnowledge, so we drove off on a mini-sight-seeing tour. She wanted to make sure that I didn't just date Asian girls. I said "uh, a couple during college, I guess. Why?"
She explained to me about "Yellow Fever." As though that's why I'd go out with her.
We walked around Georgetown, going through the campus. We just HAPPENED to walk by the Exorcist house. It's gone through a lot of renovations since the movie, but it's still the Exorcist house. She started dancing in front of it, almost like a hippie chick listening to 10000 maniacs. "I love the Exorcist, I love the Exorcist" was her little song.
I never called her back.
So ladies, a sad but true fact, that it ain't just females getting stuck with the abnormal dating pool. Hopefully, we'll get Mr. Ray to tell us a few more stories because I know he has more than this. Have a great weekend.
Smooch,
G
No comments:
Post a Comment