I didn't get permission to use this from Telecomedian, but I was asking this DC native why on earth can we not have stable weather in this part of the US. Two weeks ago, I drove home from work w/Victor the VW's top down. Today, I'm wearing 2 sweaters and other cold weather gear...
Anyway, Mr. T came up w/some darn good reasoning which this gal, who's devoid of most scientific knowledge, fully supports. So, here you go:
G: my sweet area native, can you give me some idea of what the balls is going on with this weather? I can't figure out if I'm cold or hot. It's like living inside a bipolar person.
T: I have no idea what's going on with this weather. If I knew, I'd tell you. I have no clue. It's 40! It's 60! It's 20! I think this is what happens when hurricanes pump billions of cubic feet of hot Gulf air into Canada. All of our cold air is going to Europe. I'm brilliant, I know. Contact the Nobel people. I know what's up.
G: k... you seriously had me there with the weather.... until I realized that you must've watched general hospital as a child and fell victim to the casadine's weather machine.
T: I never watched the soaps, dude. It's my belief that pumping hot air from thesouth way north is gonna *@&! with the jet stream. Notice how it's only just nowgetting cold around here? I'm tellin' ya, blame Katrina.
There you have it... the reason I think I like this answer most... is because if you blame Katrina, you can also indirectly blame Bushie. Something that is quite popular these days!
Smooch!
-G
1 comment:
Had I known that my hurricane-related screed would be used to critique the CiC, I would have contacted Howard Dean and Al Gore for talking points.
My faux pas.
Post a Comment