I do love all the comments and helpful pest extermination tips! I appreciate all your insights, but a few unfortunate boundaries:
1. The Domestic Housecat - Excellent suggestion, because that would also mean I'd have a pet! Downside: I'm allergic to cats, with the exception of one - Mr. Gilroy Tooterhausen who resides at the Jersey Shore.
2. Extended Hose Attachement on Vacumm - Again, I dig it. But, these bugs jump toward you... Now, I could perhaps get a much larger extension. This has possiblity. Once, I did try to kill a creepy crawlie (not Hoppy) using my telescopic ceiling feather duster with a paper towel attached to it, but it didn't go so well.
3. Bug spray - If I could ever leave the office at a decent hour and not feel like I could pass out with exhaustion, this is next on my list. By the way, this would've been helpful to know about WELL before now.
4. Boiling water - (see April 2007) - VERY effective, although hitting long range for Hoppy, not going to work... especially with new carpeting. It's bad enough I managed to drop a full cup of coffee on the white carpeting in my bedroom that the Empire salesman begged me not to purchase.
and finally, my favorite suggestion:
5. Gun. This idea was all Scoot's and since he is almost here, I really hope he's packing heat.
Have a great weekend, my peeps!
Smooch,
G
1 comment:
Have you considered trying one of those high frequency devices currently being marketed? You simply plug it in, and turn it on. The ultrasonic sound waves create an acoustically hostile environment that will repel bugs and other pests.
PS: If you are unable to locate such a device, you can always try popping in an Alanis Morissette CD -it should have the same effect.
P-)
Post a Comment