Tuesday, October 11, 2011

573 Down, 60 to Go

For those of you on the Facebook, you know that my training is now complete.  Final count: 573.11 miles, 790.8 hours, 51,131 calories and 226,319 steps. I'm mad that I came up short 6.99 miles because of the week I was sick, but hey, I guess it's not too bad.

It has been a crazy 6 months.  I'd like to thank all of you for checking in and the ongoing cheering.  I have to give special thanks and much love to The Boyfriend for his ongoing watching out for me, making sure I didn't go overboard (I mean really, when have I EVER gone overboard?) and always reminding me to eat, stay hydrated, etc.    I'm sure he was probably tired of hearing me rattle out my training schedule, desperately trying to fit in every single mile amongst all the other stuff I had to do.  And I'm really appreciative that he stuck by me for this.

Part of me is pretty nervous.  I hope I make it the whole way, sans injury or exhaustion.  Because the only thing I have in mind is to get to that finish line.  

At the end of the day, it's been an amazing journey and quite an accomplishment.  It didn't bring the people I lost to this awful disease back, but I'm hoping they'll be watching from above this weekend.  And I'm grateful that there are a bunch of survivors among me that I get to help as well.  

If you are in Philly and do want to cheer me on, here is the link with the details.  http://www.the3day.org/site/PageServer?pagename=PL_Spectator 

Smooches!
-G

 

No comments: