Thursday, October 02, 2014

Time is Short and I Love You All

I wrote this awhile ago and some of you have seen it. But tonight, it seems appropriate since we lost a classmate. So grateful that I have so many of you to call my home. 

Tonight I went to Darlington House.  For those of you that remember it was the "fancy" place we ate dinner and then spent the night in the basement where we belong.  It's been about 10 months and it has been a whirlwind adventure.  Due to sickness, death and general chaos, I have never had my moment with any of you.  And those of you who know the moment know what I'm talking about.

I entered Darlington House and I was flooded with memories.  Mr.Magnus dancing to J. Timberlake.  Knowing it was Halloween and the East Coast's worst hurricane was approaching.  Would that stop my friends?  Hell freakin' no.  Neither would the fact that just a week before that I was in a hospital room eating the world's worst food and drinking half frozen fruit juice. I saw the pictures from Missy.  Oh goodness, I looked terrible.  Yet, despite me on an antibiotic for that week and weeks following, you were there.

You are always there.  Do you know how lucky I am?  How lucky we are?  I do.  I wish there were words or something to describe you all.  You're not just friends, you're not just family, you are MY LIFE.  And had my wedding solely been about me, I would've gotten up and said these very words.  

Each of you come with your own moment, your own story that attaches me and you forever.  I could list them, but at some point they would all intertwine and become the same thread.  

I don't want you to fret, I just want you all to know that I thank God and everyone else involved each day for each of you.  

There's no reason for me writing this right now.  No big epic drama.  I just love all of you.  So much.  And usually there is a Christmas party or a time that I get to tell you.  But, I never had that time.  So, I apologize for the email, but I am someone who likes to live for today.  And I just don't want to wait to tell you that I love you all.  Every day.  More than anything... maybe even more than I should.  But I don't care about that, I care that you guys know right now and forever how I will always feel.  It's not a dress, it's not an occasion, it's just because.  I love you and miss you all.  I hope we get to see you soon.

love you,
G  

No comments: