I think it's the flu. At this point, I don't care what it is... it delayed my trip home, cancelled my entire week and has successfully had me laid up in bed for days. I'm literally under doctor's orders to drink whiskey (with tea and honey) as the only medicine to stop my throat which is so sore and scratchy it makes it impossible to swallow, breathe, eat, live...
I never thought I'd dislike the sound of a doctor ordering me to drink. (And I totally dig this doctor, so when I squeaked out a laugh since I joke all the time with him about bourbon....I was shocked when he said "I'm not kidding, I'm just getting over it and it is the only thing that will help you.")
Getting sick this time of year is a pretty regular occurrence... but this is a whole new level of ill.
Couple that with t-minus 2 days to the biggest day of the year for me and I'm just a blues traveler.
Silver lining and shout out to my elves that were hard at work... assembling a tree in my home and lights outside my house. Despite feeling like the walking dead, it was still nice to see the house lit up when I got in. (Even if I haven't left my 1/2 acre bed all day).
Once again, I need a Christmas miracle... or at least enough energy to recount my fun travel tales.
Smooches
G
No comments:
Post a Comment