Every season for me is flu or infection season. Thanks to those who chronically point that out. Having a chronic illness that suppresses the immune system does that to a gal. But every once in awhile, a special illness comes along that leaves me down for the count. This one just happened to start while I was trying to have some much needed fun in my old 'hood.
I figured it was a standard season change flu, but I was wrong. It was gastroenteritis. Yea, the puke and poop flu which is putting it delicately. There's a "to be laughed at someday" story of me flying down 95 and other roads to find a bathroom...but we will hold for now. Although, for the record Maryland, it is ridiculously cruel to have a Mexican restaurant with no public restroom. Isn't the whole point of a Mexican restaurant to provide a colon cleansing experience?!
The accompanying fever and pain would've been enough, but then Utie got jealous and decided to join the party. So, it's now day 4. I narrowly avoided the ER (and yes, for all the judgmental folks out there, should have gone). But, I would've caught more there than here and honestly this is first day that I've been in bed upright for an hour. I'm an attractive shade of grayish pale with smooth black undertones.
And while they drive me batty, I couldn't be more thankful for my family who has been here every day and night to help me and the dog. Considering today is the first day I was able to leave my bedroom and go downstairs and not fall on the way up...no way I could've done this on my own. My sister spent the night because she said I lacked the ability to speak.
Can only imagine how annoying it must be to have to chronically take care of me. And I'm super thankful to my bestie for asking how her and her daughters can help...
That's about it. Me, out of work for 4 days is like me not having a job so I'm off to try to attempt to put in a few hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment