As most years, 2016 has not been off to the blockbuster start. Facebook reminds me that the best way for me to start a year is to go to an island and sit for a week (I did enjoy my 2011 Aruba trip with B). Alas, that was not in the cards.
For the last two weeks, when I haven’t been dormant, quiet
or crying, I’ve been singing the Forgetting Sarah Marshall song, “Peter You
Suck,” see clip, but I guarantee you know it.
I’ve fallen down on the job of taking care of G, for many
decent reasons that when I have to face the mirror, don’t matter. I picked up
some old vices this summer. I’ve spent a lot of time feeling sorry for
myself.
I had been writing this blog for a few months now with a
particular audience in mind. This blog is supposed to be a reflection of me...
holding me accountable, which I’ve also lost sight of. I’m not sure anyone ever
wants to hold themselves accountable when things aren’t going quite right –
but, even I can try my hand at being the adultier adult once in awhile.
The montage that follows the “Suck” song is the clip I can’t
find, but where I’m trying to be – which is starting over. I need to hit the
reset button and I’ve started today. I spent the last few weeks building toward
this but I pushed the pedal to the floor and tried to tackle life the way I
drive.
My house is stocked full of fresh food. The gym has been joined.
My first personal training session is tomorrow. I have the necessary doctor
appointments lined up. The job search is in full force, despite going way too
slow for my liking. The closets are getting cleaned. Piles of things are lined
up for me to sell. Mentally, I’m trying to keep myself sharp with my jeopardy
watching, book reading and my writing. I’m attempting to limit my binge TV
watching.
I promised myself a few months back that I needed to get
back to me, better myself, even find myself... again. I lost sight of that goal
trying to hold on to things that I want so badly. I forever am the square peg
trying to jam itself in the hole that doesn’t fit. (I know, but I really didn’t
mean that dirty). I need to let go,
focus on the things that I can control and pray that everything will fall into
place when it is supposed to do so. (Yes, it is really me saying this – for those
of you laughing because you know that patience is a virtue that alludes me.)
Here comes my best try, friends. We’re not quite at the Hail
Mary pass, but, we’re close.
To end on a relevant quote, “I don't know where I'm going
from here, but I promise it won't be boring” - David Bowie.
I will keep you posted as I go.
My love to all...
Smooches,
G
No comments:
Post a Comment