Thursday, December 29, 2016

Every Brilliant Thing

Today isn't the easiest of days for me. It's become a day of reflection. It's hard to believe that 4 years have gone by...when I thought life was opening a new and somewhat final chapter for me.

Turns out, life had other plans beyond what I had expected. While I'm a fan of plot twists and turns, I don't know that anyone saw what was to come.

It hasn't been easy or pretty. It's been a long, tough road and I have the scars to prove it. I know now that life won't stop there. Another year, another battle. I still do my best to remain inspired.

On my own today, I fell upon two things that hit home. The first was the HBO special, Every Brilliant Thing, which was a beautifully written and well acted play about someone struggling to cope with his mother's depression and ultimate suicide. How he had to transform his life to create beauty in the hopes he could show his mother that life was worth living.

It was mind blowing, tear jerking and relatable.

The second was 3 Facebook posts from my man, Marc Broussard which chronicled his journey with his now wife. A story I had no idea about and made me admire a woman who embodies unconditional love and support. I realize I'm incredibly biased but when he describes how his wife's love changed him just by being there and never faltering...gave me chills and hope.

If you get time, both are worth the watch and the read.

2017 is coming fast. It is certainly not set up to be a smooth merry go round. Time to buckle up for the new roller coaster and try to enjoy the ride.

Smooches
G

No comments: