Sunday, January 12, 2020

How to Save a Life

Admittedly, I had unprofessionally cracked when posting on Facebook about this conference call - that would end at 5:48 am with a total of 7 hours 46 minutes and would continue an hour later. We had worked 4 solid days and nights on top of it.

By the time my now husband and dad found me since I was too drowsy to get husband from airport, I was nearly hallucinating and couldn't stand up straight. I wish that it ended there but this torture continued for several more days.

Definitely my breaking point but chronic reminder and although I went through an insane two year journey - I discovered what it meant to get your life back.

While the past two years have been filled with uncertainty and a healthy dose of fear, the trade off to have a life I love is immeasurable. I still have fear, but I know I'm not in control of what happens next. I just keep on hoping and praying for peace and balance - breathe and be grateful every chance I can. It's not perfect, it's filled with ups and downs but there my own ups and downs. I'm not at the whim of an insane dictator with a company. It's lovely and here's hoping for even better times ahead.

Smooches,
G

No comments: