Sunday, December 27, 2020

There is no bad guy

Here's the deal...there is no bad guy. I've watched a million stories and there is always 3 sides to every story. So if anyone thinks I'm blaming them for my lot in life, I'm actually thankful for where I wound up in the present.

I don't blame anyone for my mistakes. I own them all. The same stories the kids tell about being excited for Aunt G to come home because I was the only "adult" to watch the play that they made up is the same Aunt G they watched being a drunken fool.

If I learned anything it's to own all the stupid shit I've done and continue to do. But I do the best I can and I keep trying. Every. Single. Day.

That's all we can do. Be ourselves, and that comes with the price of being silly, stupid and making mistakes. That doesn't make it right, but it makes us human. And if anyone out there sees this than that's my belated Christmas wish. Be yourself. Be stupid. Be human. It's legit all we are and all we ever will be.
Just own it. Own who you are and what you want to be. Apologize for your wrongs. Own your mistakes. But be yourself. Don't leave anyone hanging on the hopes of who they think you can be. Just be you. But if you're not who someone thinks they are... set them straight. They deserve your truth no matter what your flying freak flag shows.

The end is always nearer than you think, my loves, so do it your way.

Smooches
G

No comments: