Late night musings…
Firstly, this song is like the land of a 1,000 ghosts.
But, I feel this so deeply. Was it all a dream? Sometimes I wonder… my life does resemble a million movie plots and some that may haven't even been written.
Too many times I've heard "if I didn't know you" and I can't blame anyone for saying that because it's true.
Not that I regret living it. There are few things I regret not doing and I can name them:
1) not buying a hot dog stand. Check the archives. I wanted to buy a hot dog stand in Key West and turn it into a s'mores stand and never return. I told my therapist this recently and she said she knew many people who did something similar and are successfully living in the Conch Republic.
2) jump out of a perfectly good airplane. I was supposed to do this in Vegas but the winds were too strong. Then I lost my nerve.
3) Appreciate and celebrate those that deserve it. I'm sure I've blogged about this before but, I can't stress this one enough. My biggest regret is missing my dad's retirement party and sending a speech in my place. F me for thinking my job was too important to not be there and honor a man who contributed more to this planet than I ever will.
The only good thing about #3 is that it prompted a long term lesson in appreciation and change.
No comments:
Post a Comment