Thursday, January 22, 2026

Plot twist

No matter how I much I anticipate life, it seems to give me some interesting turns.

The past couple weeks has been rough at work, dealing with a new client who doesn't follow our typical no a**holes policy.

For the first time in a while, I've been pretty consumed with work. Not how it used to be, especially since I'm cognizant of it, but, still.

Finally landing in a decent spot on the work front, I had the grace of Microsoft shutting down.

Excited by some breathing room, I sat down to relax…and boom. Plot twist.

Out of nowhere I get a message. Not someone I dated…from my brother's childhood best friend.

A normal person would think that this is no big deal, but my brother and I didn't have a close relationship.

Also, they wouldn't know that at least a decade ago, he and I came up as a match on a dating site.

So, obviously, bizarre.

Poor guy is clearly going through something to decide now is the time to regret not meeting up with me then.

I flagged this immediately to my counsel of girls, who I promised to alert to any red flags.

What did those bitches have to say? He's not married, handsome and owns a successful business…just don't get married.

Phewwww. This girl ain't falling for that trap!

I was polite but we can save that drama.

Ain't no one got time for that.

No comments: