Schmeffy used to yell at me that I never fully appreciated and enjoyed NYC because I never took the time to explore it. With the first non-rainy, hangover free day of my weekend, I decided to stop hearing his voice in my head and take my first urban hike. After all, living here for almost 8 months, it would be nice to say that I actually saw a museum or something.
So, outward I trekked, stopping only for a pumpkin spice latte (necessary for endurance reasons while urban hiking). I walked through the dupont circle farmer's market (remeniscing only briefly about my power-walk date), stopping at a few stores, past the white house to say what up to bushie and then finally to the museum of natural history.
Before you say, "G, we know you don't care that much about nature or history", the real reason why I went there was for the 2nd floor. The Harry Winston Jewelry Gallery and the Hope Diamond. Nothing lifts a single gal's spirits like checking out 64-carat nearly flawless diamond surrounded by 100s of little diamonds to form a necklace. And let me tell you, I also learned that Napoleon had damn good taste, giving his wife a tiara made of turquoise and diamonds. See learning can be fun!
Midway through the exhibit I received a call from Nicole who did something similar to deter her singleton aggravation. Ms. Nicole has bought her happiness in the form of a Christian Dior saddle bag. Unfortunately, the pic she sent me didn't come through or else I'd have posted her new baby. But when it does, I will share it with y'all.
Hey, $5-dollar latte, 5 mile hike to a museum to see someone else's honking jewelry or a gazillion dollar hand bag... whatever it takes for us to get through the day!
Hope you all had a fun weekend! Tonight I'm hoping for sweet dreams of what it would be like to put all that jewelry on all at once and hold Nicole's Dior bag... kind of like the time Phoebe got trapped in the jewelry store jail when she tried to walk out.
Smooch,
G
No comments:
Post a Comment