I don't write frequently enough but you're about to get a Gina first.
I am about to put down the typical, self-deprecating humor and share some true news. (sorry for the self-braggin' but i don't have a man, husband, child or dog to brag about)....
I got a call today from my ol' pal and former colleague, Laurel, who told me that I was a winner.
One of the programs that I implemented and designed during my brief tenure with my mental health non-profit won the 2006 AAA Award of Excellence (something in the association world).
This is pretty damn cool. This is the first project that I did all by myself - design, create, handle everything... and it won an award. My old boss would probably never believe that... which is why I'm about to send him an email with the article.
:-)
Anyway, for those interested, you can see below. But I have to tell you, I'm pretty proud of my darn self.
Smooch,
G
ASAE & The Center Name Third Round of 2006 AAA Award Winners
June 14, 2006
WASHINGTON, DC— Twenty-two associations have been honored with an Award of Excellence in the third round of judging for the 2006 Associations Advance America (AAA) Awards program, sponsored by ASAE & The Center for Association Leadership.
Now in its 16th year, the AAA Awards recognize associations that advance American society with innovative programs in public education, skills training, standard setting, business and social innovation, information and knowledge creation, citizenship and community service.
Selected by a panel of volunteer leaders three times a year, Award of Excellence winners are automatically entered into consideration for the Summit Award, ASAE & The Center’s highest association honor. Six Summit Award winners will be selected by the Associations Advance America (AAA) Committee at its meeting in Washington June 29. The Summit Award winners will be honored at ASAE & The Center’s Summit Awards Dinner Sept. 20, 2006 in Washington, DC.
“Associations play an important role in the success and forward progress of this nation, and the AAA Awards recognize our community’s commitment to strengthening society,” said Bill Bergman, CAE, president of William S. Bergman Associates and 2006 Chair of ASAE’s Associations Advance America Committee. “Not only do the AAA Awards provide recognition to some very deserving organizations, they also help tell the story of what associations do to key audiences like Congress, the media, and the general public.”
Any association is eligible to enter the AAA Awards. The 22 most recent winners were chosen from nearly 100 entries submitted for the May 2006 deadline.
The following programs were honored with a 2006 AAA Award of Excellence:
Anxiety Disorders Association of America Silver Spring, MDProgram: Campus Faces: Increasing Awareness of Anxiety Disorders in Women on Campus
No comments:
Post a Comment