Monday, September 04, 2006

In Memory of Crikey...

Of course you've heard the news about the untimely death of the Crocodile Hunter. So, I must pay a very brief tribute, not for his amazing work with the reptile kingdom, but for the fact that he gave me one of the best words of all time... Crikey.

Crikey has many uses, and has grown with such popularity. I believe I began using it in circa 2000, but I'll allow Melissa and Schmeff to correct me if I'm wrong. In fact, soon after I heard my brother say crikey, I immediately realized it was too mainstream, thus trying to unsuccessfully phase out crikey and use Crimney as a replacement. In honor of Mr. Irwin, I'm going to keep Crikey in full rotation in my vocabulary.

Have a good night, for Crikey's sake.

Smooch,
G

2 comments:

Telecomedian said...

I poked a snake in the eye with a pencil in honor of the man.

Telecomedian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.