Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thanks iVana

Due to my recent birthday gift of iVana, the iPod, it seems a lot of my life is taking place in lyrics. So, I'm going to keep boring you with lyrics along the way. But more importantly, as I prepare to leave for the Schmeffster wedding, a few things:

This morning on the Metro, the conductor stopped the train to tell me he liked my hat. Which made me have yet another epiphany. There are people all around you that make your world a better place. This person didn't know me, completely unaware of the crap I've been going through the last few weeks. I had my head leaning against the window of the train and something struck him to stop everything and tell me that. To me, that's one of the things that makes life so amazing. He had no clue the impact he made on just one person.

I have been struck by a random act of kindness... and I'm sure I've had alot of these moments, but today and maybe for the first time, I took a minute to realize it, and allowed it to bring clarity to what I'm going through and where I am.

Schmeff has always joked through this whole health ordeal that I'm facing with that "they will rebuild G, make her better and stronger." I've always laughed at, thinking to myself, if I was a horse, I'd be glue by now.

And while I hate admitting it, he's right. Because I've finally realized, its not the outcomes or "the fix", its the building part I never took the time to concentrate on. I don't want to be fixed anymore, I want to be rebuilt. I will be stronger.

And I've also recognized, this is not based on help of just myself or someone else... but it's in fact a team effort.

So kids, with that, I know that for the first time, I'm asking for everyone's understanding and help. And to the people over the past few weeks that have been providing it, I thank you over and over again and promise you it will be repayed 10-fold.

Have an awesome weekend everyone... I leave you with some more lyrics from iVana.

Love,
G

Wait a minute man
You mispronounced my name
You didn't wait for all the information
Before you turned me away

Wait a minute sir
You kind of hurt my feelings
You see me as a sweet back-loaded puppet
And you've got a meal ticket taste

I see right through you
I know right through you
I feel right through you
I walk right through you

You took me for a jokeYou took me for a child
You took a long hard look at my ass
And then played golf for a while
Your shake is like a fish
You pat me on the head
You took me out to wine dine sixty nine
But didn't hear a damn word

I saidI see right through you
I know right through you
I feel right through you
I walk right through you

Hello Mr. Man
You didn't think that I'd come back
You didn't think I'd show up with my army
And this ammunition on my back
Now that I'm Miss Thing
Now that I'm a zillionaire
You scan the credits for your name
And wonder why it's not there

No comments: