Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ridiculous, sitcom-types of accidents....

Sure, my cell phone may fall in the toilet after a series of unfortunate events... but I'm not alone in this world. Check out this story from one of my favorite readers and of course, lovely friends:

so today I went to the doctor on my lunch break.
I'm having an issue with my IUD
so the nurse tells me to pee in a cup and bring it out with me so I pee I come out of the bathroom and the nurse is MIA and I'm standing there with a cup of pee.
I try to move out of the hallway so people don't see me standing there like some freak with a cup of pee Well, it turns out I was standing against the door to the supply room, another nurse opens the door, hits me in the back and my cup of pee goes flying across the office.
THE END

Of course, I got written approval to post this story, seeing as eventually, I do want to turn this all into a book, and the reader noted:

yes, please also add that they told me they had a steam cleaner and not to worry.
I told them to invest in lids for the pee cups.

What a good sport! Always makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only person in the world who has days like these.

Good news: I leave for vacation in 3 days.

Bad news: I've turned into a complete insomniac and keep waking up in cold sweats about work-related things I've forgotten. Today at 4:57 am, I shot awake b/c I had a dream I checked my cell phone and it was 7:30 am, making me late for the doctor.

I've also had a dream that I was attacked by ferrets who were biting my legs. I have no clue what that means, but it can't be good.

OH! and BTW --- I have a 2nd date with Monday dude... who I'm trying REALLY hard to not call Matt.

Trying to get you one more post before I go...

Smooch,
G

No comments: