Thursday, August 18, 2011

Selling G

One thing that continues to amaze me about The Boyfriend is his ability to get the little things.  For example, purchasing and keeping a shiny, light up ball in the car to amuse me on car trips... or a light up bubble gun for my birthday.  Now, I'm quickly learning that he's figured out some of the secrets of G and are using them to influence our purchasing decisions. 
 
---
M: http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4243744
g: why am i looking at this chair set?
M: b/c its a transformer
g: yea, no likey...its too plain
M: ever hear of a table cloth?
g: don't bring logic and reasoning into this, i like pretty colors
 
(here comes the hard sell)
 
M: it folds away! one moment its a table and then POOF! its a box
and would look awesome with a colored table cloth
 
(I give him credit for the use of POOF! which did make me see the table in a whole new light)
 
M: like these:
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/dining-and-entertaining/tablecloths-and-napkins/marimekko-lumimarja-fuchsia-60%22x60%22-tablecloth/s651811
 
(I fight back)
 
g: Nooo.  I no likey.  I want the pull down one... that doesn't look like a picnic table.
M: Table cloth... like the cool one... or one with puppies on it.
 
(ah ha!  he pulled the puppy card too soon!)
 
g: NO. Quit it with your dang trickery.
M: It comes with a puppy... and it will allow us to get a xmas tree!
---
 
Almost outsmarted... clearly too close.  Stupid shiny things and puppies distracting me... sigh.
 
Smooches all!
-G

No comments: