Up since 4:50 am for a video shoot in the big apple. Since I moved from DC, I've lost my will to be a morning person. You'd think having a dog would help but she sleeps later than I do. Complain. Complain. Complain.
Can't really whine about this because I'm here for someone with a terminal disease. Her best chance is to live until 40, something I'm rapidly approaching. Yet her zest and strength is unstoppable. She's a literal rock star, advocate and all over sweet as pie person. Helps our small stuff into perspective when the little things weigh us down. She has a right to be nasty yet she treats everyone like gold and like a gift she even met them.
It's days like this that remind me why I do what I do. It's such a small part of healthcare but knowing that I helped someone spread awareness and maybe help someone else. That's priceless and irreplaceable to me.
I love knowing others that do way more than me - like actually caring for people and saving their lives - and seeing their passion for it. I wish I was able to be trained to do those things but at least I'm able to help with my words and work.
Now if only I could help with NYC traffic, life would be complete. (Haha)
Smooches and smiles people,
G
No comments:
Post a Comment