I am so loved right now. I've had a long history of being surrounded by love and I have given a ton of love - not in return but just because. Yet, this is the first time that I can say that I am loved. Maybe I just figured it out...maybe it's about the person who opened my eyes to it. And maybe, it took a superhero to do that.
The other day was a bad day and I was fortunate that someone came to rescue my failing spirit, not because it was urgent but because it's literally what he's trained to do. (Superheroes are like that). I may not of needed rescuing, but that didn't stop him from showing up. The whole day, I couldn't get this movie quote out of my head:
Edward Lewis: So what happens after he climbs up and rescues her?
Vivian: She rescues him right back.
Vivian: She rescues him right back.
And, despite not being the world's biggest fan of Pretty Woman... I did, actually rescue him right back. Not in the traditional sense, but I was able to lift his spirits the same way he lifted mine.
I guess that makes us both superheroes or partners in crime, even. Anyone who knows me will realize that me saying that maybe I have some superhero in myself will understand just how significant that realization is, in and of itself.
It's blue and rainy here, but life has never been more vibrant. My life just became colorful and something just really snapped into place... so, I give you the song that spawned the epiphany about the superhero. Sorry folks, I can't give you the superhero himself. He's mine. ;-)
Smooches,
G
Colorful - The Verve Pipe
Show is over, close the story book
There will be no encore
And all the random hands that I have shook
Well, they're reaching for the door
And all the random hands that I have shook
Well, they're reaching for the door
I watch their backs as they leave single file
You stood stubborn, cheering all the while
You stood stubborn, cheering all the while
I know I can be colorful, I know I can be gray
But I know this loser's living fortunate
'Cause I know you will love me either way
But I know this loser's living fortunate
'Cause I know you will love me either way
Most were being good for goodness sake
But you wouldn't pantomime
You are more beautiful when you awake
Than most are in a lifetime
But you wouldn't pantomime
You are more beautiful when you awake
Than most are in a lifetime
Through the haze that is my memory well
Stayed for drama though you paid for a comedy
Stayed for drama though you paid for a comedy
I know I can be colorful, I know I can be gray
An' I know this loser's living fortunate
An' I know you will love me either way
An' I know this loser's living fortunate
An' I know you will love me either way
Look ahead as far as you can see me
We'll live in drama but we'll die in a comedy
We'll live in drama but we'll die in a comedy
I know I can be colorful, I know I can be gray
But I know this loser's living fortunate
An' I know you will love me either way
But I know this loser's living fortunate
An' I know you will love me either way
I know I can be colorful, I know I can be gray
But I know this loser's living fortunate
An' I know you will love me yes I know you will love me
I know you will love me me either way
But I know this loser's living fortunate
An' I know you will love me yes I know you will love me
I know you will love me me either way
No comments:
Post a Comment