And then I got a dose of reality. Two weeks ago while I was in Rhode Island, I actually spent an hour at the arrivals gate at the airport waiting to pick up someone for a meeting. I would've been able to shoot the same scene. It was amazing, tear jerking and humbling to watch. Couples kissing, kids running to their parents and even those just giving a warm hand shake. I cried. (I'm emotional these days, so maybe I'm just too soft).
Less than a handful of people have ever picked me up at arrivals. Usually, I'm racing to a car or traveling for work and hopping into a taxi. I'm lucky that people will take time to get me at all, so I don't mean it offensively... those that know me would know that I would tell you to NOT get me at the gate because I never want to waste anyone's time.
But, I will say there is this amazing feeling when you see someone you know and know that they're waiting for you in that crowded chaotic airport, even if you're just coming home.
It's an experience not to be missed in life...if you're lucky and truly appreciate those that love you.
I know November marks the 30 days of gratefulness challenge. I guess maybe I should start today and be grateful for those that have taken the time to get me or drop me off as well as those that have met me. Thank you, while I'm typically tired, irritated or both... in my heart, I am always relieved and happy that there is someone out there that is looking and waiting just for me. Smooches, G
No comments:
Post a Comment