Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cheers to it not being last year

Or in my case, the year before that or the year before that...or let's just say the years before.

Last year at this time I was suffering through one of the nastiest flus ever. It wrecked my entire December - delayed flights, cancelled my Christmas plans...made me miss my annual party (technically I was there but woke up here but not for good reason like shots).

What a difference a year makes. Really. So much has happened. One of my best friends always loves to tell me that life only gets harder. And sadly, that is true.

But the harder it gets, the more you appreciate when really good stuff comes around.

I lost a lot this year and so much has changed and continues to change.

Life is work - a lot of really hard work. But it's one of the first times I really feel like I'm living it. All of it. And that is the best thing of all.

Smooches
G

No comments: