Alright... my reader demographic likely isn't big on musicals, but suffer through. My favorite is Guys and Dolls - sorry but you really can't resist Brando back in the day, even if his singing wasn't exactly on par with the uber skinny Sinatra. And beyond the love stories, the whole musical is based on illegal gambling, broads and drinking. So, it's easy to see why it's my favorite. So here's my mushy love quote from the movie from the stubborn, straight laced doll of the film. In that kind of mood...
Arvide Abernathy: And I never saw until now how much in love with him you are.
Sergeant Sarah Brown: I'll get over it.
Arvide Abernathy: Why would anyone want to get over the one thing you hope for from the minute you're born and remember until the day you die?
Sergeant Sarah Brown: I'll get over it.
Arvide Abernathy: Why? Because it's the greatest reward that woman or man can have on this earth? To love and to be loved?
No comments:
Post a Comment