I'm a Barbie girl
It's true that Barbie land may not truly exist, but I can attest that there is an underground Barbie world. So many shout outs to all the women (and yes, some men) who have been so phenomenally supportive and helpful as I work to get my life back.
It's been a disastrous 16 months that involved just about anything I could think of and some things that I never imagined would wind up on my dumpster fire bingo card (thank you mama raccoon and mouse I accidentally murdered). This includes but is not limited to replacing hot water heaters, various other parts of my house to animals, and especially putting down my beloved Lisa…
But through it all, every time I thought I would break or fall, I was lifted up - either by my ridiculously over-tested tenacity or by others. I don't take any of it for granted. You see, there's too much in this world that money can't buy. I'm glad I learned that lesson a long time ago. Kindness may get abused by the wrong people, but it is not a weakness when seen by the right ones.
So once again, the Gina Mangiaracina mantra of "nevertheless, she persisted" has proven to be spot on.
Now, let's get back to the business of partying like it's 1999.
Smooches,
G
No comments:
Post a Comment