Thursday, February 22, 2024

Why I won’t quit blogging

Since 2004, this blog has always been private and I've managed to keep it virtually unsearchable (suck it, Google). Twenty years of my senseless ramblings, favorite lyrics and, when you go way back, my hilarious dating adventures. 

This was never meant to be a public endeavor. I started it to keep my friends in the loop when I made the leap to DC. It serves as many things now, including giving me a view of the good, bad and ugly that I have experienced survived. 

Fun facts:
-Limited people have this link and it includes friends, nonfriends and friends who I've seen grow up into adults. 
-People I don't know and some who have moved out of my life, still have access to and read this blog. I've known this for a long time, given my basic knowledge of Google analytics. 
-My parents still do not know that I have spent 20 years writing this blog. 

There's one missing year, when I was dealing with what I thought would be my only trip to hell and back. Apparently, I'm a glutton for punishment (as noted, see my dating adventures and my failed attempts at marriages - oh yea, that's plural now). We're on a long hiatus from all that though, for everyone's sake and my bank account's health. 

So for those who weren't born in the 1900s, let me preface with "trigger warning." I have plenty of posts that haven't been published and many things that some people will not want to read. 

I won't let this censor me, but I would suggest if it bothers you, my dear readers, then you should go ahead and lose this link. While our rights keep diminishing, especially as women, I will continue to write (as eloquently put by the once funny Bam Margera) whatever the fuck I want. So for those of you who are still reading, buckle up, I have a lot to say. 

"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand."

- Leonardo da Vinci

Smooches,
G

No comments: