Tuesday, June 06, 2006

9 PM and home...

I managed to become my own worst nightmare on this date. Date asked me to pick a place that was convenient to me, so going with what I know best, I picked the restaurant above one of my favorite pool halls. We agree to meet at 7:30, so I depart my place 7:20ish to arrive casually late.

Only problem is when I get the restaurant, I realize I had given Date the wrong restaurant entirely. Oops. Poor Date is down the street at a different place...

Before you ask, NO, I was not drinking prior to, like the last date. I honestly confused Front Page with the Daily Grill... (PR head was thinking Front Page/Daily News...)

I found this hysterically funny, so I call Date to figure out where the resturant actually is and begin walking over. Date is panicked, offering to pick me up and apologizing for making me walk.

Anyway... this date was pretty bland... nothing else overwhelming exciting.. nice guy, good meal, etc. And I'm guessing since I made myself look like a blonde (I had that hair color for a reason), and that he said "keep in touch", we probably won't be meeting up again...

Smooch and good night,
G

1 comment:

Telecomedian said...

That's pretty funny. DuPont is a lovely place but ridiculously confusing even to the locals.

I had a blind date in DuPont back in the summer of 2000 with a girl who lived next to the Soviet Safeway. She said "Meet me at the Starbucks."

Now, if you'll remember, I was living in Des Moines, Iowa, where there was ONE Starbucks for 650,000 people, until June of 2000. I hadn't been to DuPont since 1996 or so. I figured "How many could there be?"

At the time, there were 4 that could be considered in DuPont proper, and 3 more if you have a more liberal definition of the neighborhood. Not knowing which one she'd be at, I started at the southern-most one at the 1300 block of Connecticut, and proceeded north.

By the time I got to the proper Starbucks, the one north of the one on the circle, like, the 1700 block, I was about 15, 20 minutes late.

She read me the RIOT ACT for not going to HER Starbucks.

We never went out again.