Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Cold from Hell...

Week 1 of Sobriety - Complete. I know, we're not that impressed because I have 5 more weeks to go. And, having the cold from hell, helps with the sobriety thing. Considering, the only thing I've knocked back over the last few days is 3 boxes of tissues and a lifetime supply of Nyquil, it's been pretty easy to avoid going out.

In my defense, I did go out with two of my favorite partiers-in-crime over the weekend. And, even though they taste-tested their way thru a brand new martini menu at my favorite restaurant, I remained drink free. Didn't even take a sip.

Before I caught the plague, I also made my appointment at the "genius bar" where iVana was pronounced DOA (tech geek was cute, by no means hot, but I got him to giggle several times). I am now the owner of iVanka, the Red Nano. Don't even get me started on the sham that is Apple... there were 5 people in line with iVana lookalikes, all with similar DOA problems. (oh, I'm ready for the hate comments, Mr. M. Mixologist - but seriously, these things were made to break). I got 10% off for trading in iVana - which the tech geek said I didn't have to do that day - but, I looked at him quite seriously and said "do you think I can possibly live without my iPod?"

He understood.

Other than that, I've been indoors and alone now for several days with this god awful cold. I'm going slightly batty. I was so happy to work from home, despite the gasping reactions of my voice from my clients on the conference calls. If I heard "you sound like death" one more time... I was going to explode, but at least it was a voice that didn't come from the TV or my head. Even Baxter T. Puppydog is sick of me, and he's stuffed.

Anyway - I hope you're all well. Keep washing those hands, and stay germ free.

Hachooooo smooch,
G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So G, is your new Red Nano of the video variety? If so, fabulous. Yes, dear iPods break... just like cell phones and dvd players and other electronic devices. I understand your fury, but once your love affair with iVanka is in full swing, you'll appreciate Apple again.
xoxoxo
Mr. M. Mixologist