Thursday, March 17, 2016

17 1/2 hours later...

Finally in my hotel room. What. A. Day. Started off cleaning up doggy puke...made it to DC, where my new office is literally down the street from my old apartment.

Managed to find the non-working toilet and use it by accident. Awesome.

"Wine down" on my first day agenda wasn't a typo. I did my best to behave and had a Guinness. It's like these people sniffed me out because the next thing I heard was "how about a vodka and soda?"

I tried. I was mocked relentlessly when I said "no thanks, I just had a Guinness and we're heading to a leadership dinner."

New coworkers, "AND????!!"

Sigh. Karma is a bitch so I relented to the same peer pressure I probably gave a ton of my employees.

People never seem to believe that my career involves a shit ton of socializing - mixing business with pleasure (aka dinners and drinks). Don't get me wrong, it has its moments of fun. I mean I'm not cleaning up crap. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that it gets old when you want to be home...with your loved ones. Likely that would still involve drinks and dinner but, not as much work.

But I'm here. It feels good to be back in DC. I do miss this place, but I still miss home too. It will be a nice balance of the two I guess.

Not risking lack of sleep tonight so I'm off to zzquil land. Hoping I still get up, hit the gym and head back to the new grind.

Miss and love the people that know I'm missing and loving them...

Gina out.

No comments: