Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Memoirs of a Goofball

Trying to enjoy my last few days of staycation and this wonderful weather. Dog refused to walk so we hung out in the backyard so I could swing and she could eat sticks.

Brought me back to a hilarious memory of this summer. Trying to be proactive and impress my superhero before he got home, I started picking up all the cut up wood from the trees that were lost in the tornado.

Only to discover halfway through that the logs were covered in ants and termites. Of course, this discovery was made as he was walking in the door, so he entered to me screaming like I was being attacked (because I was) and running around the backyard like I had ants in my pants (because I did). Always the calm to my storm, he held back laughter and said "maybe you should go ahead and re-shower." Wasn't like we were heading to the shore or anything...and I hadn't just got all ready less than an hour before.

After finally debugging and getting pretty again, we left. Upon arrival in OC, the dog proceeded to lunge at another dog making me trip in the process and get mud all over my new shoes and entire outfit. Still cool as a cucumber, he takes Lisa and proceeds to point out every crack or bump in the sidewalk as we walk - for the entire summer.

Sometimes I truly am a force of wreckless nature.

But man, that just made me crack up for a good 30 minutes. I can't ever imagine being in someone else's shoes and watching me be myself. I hope it's as entertaining as it seems months later.

No comments: