Sunday, May 08, 2016

Lucky 13

I never realized what a good number could do. But it made my day even better as a double winner - roulette and the horses.
There's probably a million things I should've done today. But what I needed was to have a good day - one that was G being G...something that hasn't happened in a very long time.

I needed a hand to make sure I didn't wimp out, so I had to gather Team Drunk & Disorderly (aka me + superhero). Continuing my mission of being a bad idea bear, we busted out to a local casino so I could teach him all the wonders of signing up for a comp card, how to make the $10 free play last for 4 hours and the ins and outs of roulette.

Capping that off with a trip to my favorite family to watch the race, find out we won our bets on two out of three horses and that sushi burritos exist in the suburbs.

We even fit in some frisbee.

What a full day o' fun. Just what the doctor ordered, like really, I can guarantee my doctor would've approved.

It's been a rough few months and it certainly won't be getting easier but finally getting a day to break away was amazingly priceless.

The juggle and struggle continues but seeing some light today.

No comments: