Ok, boys, is there something I should know about a sling that is a turn on? If not, I must be emitted some weird phermones.
In effort to get out and enjoy the day, I went to the Home & Garden show. Stop laughing. I really did. Yes, I know I'm not that into either, but I figured, what the hay.
Walking down the street, a group of 4 boys approaches and I hear "Hey girllllll". It was my pal Luis... first time ever I saw someone out of the blue in this town, that I actually wanted to see. I missed his birthday party, because the power nap I began on Friday turned into the power sleep that ended Saturday.
Yet, Ginger and I press on to the show. People watching alone was worth the $10 admission. Ginger and I notice a lot of smiles and a ton of attention. I didn't figure it out until we got stopped at a timeshare travel booth.
"Hey girls, sign up for $40 and get a free 4 day/3 night trip to Vegas." So, we appease the guy and he keeps talking about how he and his friend are going to take the trip and signed up under his mom's name. Then, the guy starts trying to convince us to go the same week. In his best Southern accent he says, "Come on ladies, we can all go to Vegas, get wasted." We smile politely and say "we'll be right back".
As we try to escape, we're stopped dead in our tracks by another North Jersey guy selling back massagers. You can usually tell North Jersey guys by two things: accents and hair.
"What happened to you?" he says.
"Oh, I broke my shoulder."
"You look like you could use a massage."
"I think that may hurt."
Suddenly, it dawns on me. I look around at the patrons of this fine event. We're the only two single gals strolling along. Ahhhh, we're the bizarro demographic!
Another two stop us to try to convince us to buy a brick deck... also ask about the sling. I tell them I was rock climbing in Brazil and they're overwhelmed with interest. I feel so bad, I say I'm joking. This apparently didn't matter.
Oy... AGAIN. In this weekend of weirdness.... is it possible for a normal, single dude to come crawling out of the woodwork to date this (somewhat) normal single gal??
I guess we all have to wait and see.
Smooches,
G
2 comments:
G, you ain't normal.
Just...FYI.
Gina is perfectly normal. In fact, considering the string of crappy events that have occured over these past few months, the fact that Gina can always smile and find the humor in any situation makes her much more normal than me (and most of the people I know). That being said, though, Girl . . . you sure do attract weirdos. When's the memoir being published? You'd make millions. For reals.
Post a Comment