Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Corny in Cornell

I'm joking about this being corny. It seems to be my number one go to song that pops up no matter who is singing it - Josh Weathers, Dolly, Whitney or even Chris Cornell. I dig Cornell acoustically. I have to say Soundgarden was not as fun, but then again, I wasn't feeling all that great when I saw them.

Some people go for the music of the song first, I'm usually a lyrics gal. Nothing could be more apropos in my life than these lyrics.

I've had some truly messed up dreams the last few days that only NyQuil can bring about...many faces of my past came back to haunt me and the faces of my present were even more frightening.

Classic winter cold time.

At least I got my do over this past weekend. I owed some people a true day out with me and they sure got it... including getting a jitney load of people to belt out Sweet Caroline and Love Shack, taking pictures with an Indian that they didn't know about who surprised us all later, chilling with their NY Giants family and an unexpected rally finale. It was worth the cold I had before and after.

More things to let go of like bittersweet memories.



No comments: