Wrong way to put that I guess since I have many haunts right now. Marc Broussard. I've talked about him a bunch of times. This video was posted by him two years ago on my birthday. I've loved his music for years now... finding him when VH1 actually played videos in the morning on its Artists You Outta Know show. (Yes, I watched that instead of the morning news before work... I needed some break).
I saw him October 13, 2009 at the Birchmere in Alexandria. I was so excited for this show...I even missed the birth of my second niece to go see it. It was supposed to be a date, but that didn't pan out. I still went, thanks a former coworker who loved blues. I give her mad props since she literally took her laptop and worked the entire way to the concert and during part of it just so I could go. She knew how much it meant to me. I'm glad I did because he was just as amazing as I hoped.
I've been waiting nearly 7 years to see this guy again. There is a reason I've stopped buying concert tickets, since I had another plan. Again. This time is even sadder. I bought the tickets 3 months ago. There was no question about my giddiness of getting to see this guy sing again. I squealed, even jumped up and down. I knew this person would understand my ridiculous excitement, since I bought tickets for a band that they felt similarly about. (Again, there is a reason I no longer buy concert tickets, especially as a gift. I stopped buying tickets for several years because of yet another show that I never went to go see but had amazing seats).
This is a time I wished I lived anywhere but here so I had someone to go with...I can't miss Mr. Broussard. His voice makes me at peace and his lyrics, like this song Honesty, match my life nearly word for word.
I have less than 4 days to make a choice as to what to do. Unfortunately, it's not a popular singer so the tickets won't even sell. I even paid extra for seats instead of general admission so we'd be near the bar.
This is adding to the multitude of suckage of my fucking day. But, please, enjoy the video and the lyrics below.
You say you need time
Take all you need
You can just stand in a moment of shelter
I try to breathe
Just know that the silence
is temporary
while this is working out for you
it's killin' me
Take all you need
You can just stand in a moment of shelter
I try to breathe
Just know that the silence
is temporary
while this is working out for you
it's killin' me
I don't need nothin' from you babe
Nothin' but honesty
Talk to me honestly
You should know me well enough by now
I'm not gonna run away
I'd never run away
You say you need time
Nothin' but honesty
Talk to me honestly
You should know me well enough by now
I'm not gonna run away
I'd never run away
You say you need time
So I walk away
Just know that this distance you request
I cannot relate
The way that you weep
Leads you to hide
While this is working out for you
It's bleedin' me dry
Just know that this distance you request
I cannot relate
The way that you weep
Leads you to hide
While this is working out for you
It's bleedin' me dry
Cuz I don't need nothing from you babe
Nothing but honesty
Talk to me honestly
You should know me well enough by now
I'm not gonna run away
I'd never run away
You say you need time
Nothing but honesty
Talk to me honestly
You should know me well enough by now
I'm not gonna run away
I'd never run away
You say you need time
Aaahhh no, oh oohh no... no
No no no no no
No no no no no
I don't need nothin' from you babe
Nothin' but honesty
Talk to me honestly
You should know us well enough by now
The sun is still shinin' babe
You set on us today
You say you need time
Nothin' but honesty
Talk to me honestly
You should know us well enough by now
The sun is still shinin' babe
You set on us today
You say you need time
No comments:
Post a Comment