I may not be employed but I have been busting my ass at the gym between 90-120 minutes a day and continuing to take walks with the princess.
So today was the first time that my unemployment and potential new employment crossed paths. Mid warmup I get pinged by my recruiter. Thankfully, I have known him for years, he's helped me through many situations and has as much dirty old broad in him as I do. (Maybe more since he's older, gayer and could easily be a golden girl).
The place he's been working keeps going for additional references for me. It's been harder to get past these people than homeland security checks (and I can say that legitimately because I know someone who's being cleared for homeland).
At any rate, they want another 3 references. Trying to multitask I start listing potential options.
My gym is no frills which is exactly what I wanted. During the day, most of holiday village is in there and at night it's a solid mix of teenagers and way older. Other than the owner who is a really young bodybuilder who likes to keep pushing my routine harder, not much going on.
I was unaware that between 11 am - 1 pm it is apparently Magic Mike time. I'm desperately trying to type when 4 guys come up all around me and start lifting, stretching, straddling. I actually was hoping no one paid them since I made a joke recently about Magic Mike XXL.
Remaining focused and professional, I give my recruiter options and then tell him I need to keep moving on my workout. When I get to the elliptical, I explain the scene and he's pissed I didn't stop with references to send him pictures.
I'm so thankful that I have spent so much time working with people that don't truly represent professionalism. This whole career thing never would've worked for me if I had to be serious 99% of the time. I couldn't stop laughing.
Not bad for a days work or lack there of.
No comments:
Post a Comment